Sully District Community Room
Sully District Community Room
Sully Governmental Center
Community Room Regulations
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
PERMITTED USES: The Sully District Governmental Center offers meeting room space free of charge to non-profit groups and Fairfax County residents to use for business meetings, classes, or group study. It is against County regulations for groups to charge attendance fees to participants, nor are groups allowed to offer items for sale unless it is for a previously approved fundraiser and proceeds are to go to a charitable organization. Use of the community room for private parties is NOT permitted. Definition includes but is not limited to: birthday, anniversary, graduation,baby/wedding showers, private dinners, and wedding receptions. Short civil marriage ceremonies are a permitted use. Groups will be limited to one regular date per month. Additional needs may be met on a space available basis.
**The Supervisor’s office has the right to refuse or revoke bookings of any group in violation of these regulations. In addition, the police department has the right to evict groups that refuse to comply with the regulations stated here in the event the Supervisor’s office is closed. Please keep in mind this facility is a police station, and all regulations will be strictly adhered to.
All non-profit organizations wishing to reserve the Community Room must have an application on file with the Sully District Supervisor's office for the current year. Groups that regularly meet once a month can file for the next calendar year beginning September 1st.
NOTE: It is the group’s responsibility to file a new application on time if they wish to continue their time slot into the next year. All slots are on a first come first served basis.
The Community Room is scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no charge for use of the room. Occasionally, it is possible that official governmental use of the Community Room may supersede a reservation made by an organization. We apologize for any inconvenience. Every effort will be made to give as much notice as possible if this occurs.
*Special Note: The fountain in front of the building is a memorial to the fallen officers from the Sully Police Station. Please show appropriate respect-- do not let children play in the fountain or with its contents.
There are two community rooms, although a folding partition wall can be moved to create one large room that has a maximum capacity of 115 people. A microphone and extension cord is available upon request.
* The James McDonnell Room, offers seating for 75, 3 long rectangular tables, 4 short rectangular tables, 2 circular tables, and one easel.
* The Richard "Dick" Frank Room offers seating for 40, 3 long rectangular tables, 4 short rectangular tables, and 1 circular table.
*Each room contains: one podium, a projection screen, a white board, a television equipped with cable, an Internet connection, a DVD player, and a VCR. Attendees must bring their own presentation equipment (for Powerpoint etc), as well as supplies (whiteboard markers).
SPECIFIC INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS:
*Cancellations and No-Shows: Cancellation notice must be given to the Supervisor’s office in as much advance notice as possible. Continual reports of no-shows will result in loss of future room bookings.
* Groups reserving the community room on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) are limited to 5 hour time blocks.
*If there is a question about room occupancy outside of normal business hours, the police front desk is able to check the room schedule.
* The person scheduling the room MUST be a Fairfax County resident and supply a Fairfax County home address, as well as a working phone number and current email address. The individual person booking the room must be in attendance to ensure that all regulations are adhered to. It is the individual’s responsibility to relay regulations to all participants, including directions to the building. The front of thebuilding and the community rooms are open 24 hours a day.
* The hallway and lobby outside the community room may NOT be used for breakout sessions, waiting areas, greeting tables, or other types of
meetings. Per the Police department’s request, it must be kept clear at all times. No loitering is allowed in the hallway or parking lot.
*Children MUST be supervised by an adult at ALL times both inside and outside of the building. Failure to do so may result in a group's loss of
community room use.
*Inclement Weather: It is the organization's responsibility in the case of inclement weather, to make sure participants are contacted as to whether the event will be held or not, and to give the participants a person in the organization to contact in this situation.
* Kitchenette: There is a small kitchenette accessible from both of sides of the Community Room, equipped with a microwave and refrigerator, two 12 cup coffee pots, a sink and garbage disposal. Any food/beverages left in the refrigerator will be disposed of. Open flame is NOT permitted in the community room. (i.e. candles, incense, etc.) . Cans of Sterno for heating food are permitted, but MUST be monitored at all times.
*Remote Screens: There is a key available at the front police desk that operates the remote screens in both rooms; as well as a crank which unlocks the partition that divides the two rooms. These should be returned to the police desk when the event is over.
*Phones in the Sully District Supervisor's office and the police office space are for EMERGENCY use only. The Supervisor's staff and the police front desk will not take or relay phone messages for individuals or groups in the community room.
*No signs, decorations, or other materials may be affixed to any building surface or furniture, other than with Scotch Tape. Only small directional signs are permitted outside the community rooms on the walls or in the front of the building, and should be removed when the event is ended.
* Music and Noise: Music/noise must not be of a level as to interfere with police business or other meetings in the building. Small radios, recorders, acoustic guitars, or small electric organs are acceptable. Live band equipment, large stereos or amplifiers are not permitted .
* Property brought into the Community Room is the sole responsibility of the owner. There is a 'Lost and Found' box in the vending area outside of the rooms.
*Room Condition: Community Room must be left in a tidy condition. Alltrash must be deposited in proper containers and left in thekitchen or the large container in the vending area. There are extra bags locatedbeneath the sink for large amounts of trash. DO NOT place bags of trash on the floor of the kitchen. Tables and counters must be wiped clean. It is the group’s responsibility to make certain that no trash is strewn in the parking lot - this includes cigarette butts, bottle corks, streamers, balloons, etc. Any damage to the Community Room must be reported to the Supervisor's office. Damages include but are not limited to carpet stains, broken chairs, tables and equipment, or marks on the walls or screens. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE COMMUNITY ROOM.
*Tables/Chairsmust be put back as follows: CHAIRS WITHOUT ARMS BELONG IN THE MCDONNELL ROOM (larger room); CHAIRS WITH ARMS BELONG ON THE FRANK ROOM(smaller room). No additional tables or chairs are available. The Supervisor's office and the Police Department will not provide use of computers, fax, or copying services.