Tysons Annual Report
The 2014 Report to Board of Supervisors on Tysons is now available.
The 2014 Report to the Board of Supervisors on Tysons provides monitoring data and updates on the progress of implementing the vision for Tysons contained in the Comprehensive Plan for Tysons, approved by the Board of Supervisors on June 22, 2010. The report covers activity related to Tysons from the Plan adoption in June 2010 through September 2014.
Highlights of major accomplishments during the past year include:
- Opening of the Metrorail Silver Line
- Major land use requests approved and under evaluation, including the recently approved cases: Greensboro Park Place, Tysons Central and amendments to Capital One
- Results of traffic monitoring within Tysons, including existing traffic counts, and completion of a number of important transportation studies, such as the Consolidated Transportation Impact Analysis (CTIA) for Tysons Central and Tysons West, Jones Branch Connector design and the State Street Study
- Updates on public facilities improvements in Tysons, either those ongoing or proffered to be provided through development
- Progress towards implementing Plan goals on urban design goals, such as public art and placemaking, and a summary of the "Art + Place: Beneath The Spans" design charette
- Summary of work to make improvements to the stream valleys, including improvements completed in 2013
- Update on the status of each of the 20 Follow-On Motions adopted at the time of Plan approval
Questions on the 2014 Report, or requests for a printed copy, should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org