Tysons Status Report
On June 22, 2010 the Board of Supervisors adopted a new Comprehensive Plan for Tysons. Much of what exists today will need to redevelop in order to support the new vision for Tysons. Monitoring the progress of the Plan is critical to ensure that the vision for Tysons is achieved.
The 2011 Report to the Board of Supervisors on Tysons Corner is the first of a series reports on Tysons that staff will prepare for the Board throughout Plan implementation. The report sets forth baseline data and monitoring actions planned over time in an effort to evaluate the progress towards achievement of the vision. The 2011 Report covers activity related to Tysons from the Plan adoption in June, 2010 through September, 2011.
Activities covered include;
- Public outreach since plan adoption, including two community open houses , the creation of the Tysons Partnership, and establishment of a Tysons ZIP code,
- Major land use requests both approved and under evaluation, including the recently approved cases at Spring Hill Station,
- Plans for monitoring traffic within Tysons, including existing counts and progress towards completing a number of important transportation studies, such as TMSAMS,
- Monitoring environmental stewardship and sustainability,
- Progress towards the development of Urban Design Guidelines for Tysons,
Update on the status of each of the 20
Follow-On Motions adopted at the time of Plan approval.