Tysons 2010 Demographic Overview
To download a PDF of the below information, including national statistics, Click Here.
- The population in this area is estimated to change from 12,734 to 14,159, resulting in a growth of 11.2% between 2000 and the current year. Over the next five years, the population is projected to grow by 4.6%.
- The current year median age for this population is 41.5, while the average age is 41.8. Five years from now, the median age is projected to be 44.5.
Of this area's current year estimated population:
- 62.4% are White Alone,
- 3.9% are Black or African Am. Alone,
- 0.2% are Am. Indian and Alaska Nat. Alone,
- 24.9% are Asian Alone,
- 0.2% are Nat. Hawaiian and Other Pacific Isl. Alone,
- 1.5% are Some Other Race, and
- 7.0% are Two or More Races.
- This area's current estimated Hispanic or Latino population is 6.9%.
- Currently, it is estimated that 24.0% of the population age 25 and over in this area had earned a Master's, Professional, or Doctorate Degree and 39.4% had earned a Bachelor's Degree.
- The number of households in this area is estimated to change from 6,809 to 7,530, resulting in an increase of 10.6% between 2000 and the current year. Over the next five years, the number of households is projected to increase by 4.5%.
- The average household income is estimated to be $114,496 for the current year.
- The average household income in this area is projected to change over the next five years from $114,496 to $127,239.
- The current year estimated per capita income for this area is $60,895.
- Most of the dwellings in this area (60.0%) are estimated to be Renter-Occupied for the current year.
- The majority of dwellings in this area are estimated to be structures of 50 or More Units for the current year.
- The majority of housing units in this area (30.1%) are estimated to have been Housing Unit Built 1970 to 1979 for the current year.
For this area, 63.2% of the population is estimated to be employed and
age 16 and over for the current year.
The employment status of this labor force is as follows:
- 0.2% are in the Armed Forces,
- 73.2% are employed civilians,
- 2.5% are unemployed civilians, and
- 25.0% are not in the labor force.
The occupational classifications are as follows:
- 3.6% have occupation type blue collar,
- 87.4% are white collar, and
- 9.1% are Service & farm workers.
For the civilian employed population age 16 and over in this area,
it is estimated that they are employed in the following
- 2.7% are in Architecture and Engineering,
- 3.8% are in Arts, Entertainment and Sports,
- 14.3% are in Business and Financial Operations,
- 14.1% are in Computers and Mathematics,
- 5.3% are in Education, Training and Libraries,
- 2.9% are in Healthcare Practioners and Technicians,
- 1.0% are in Healthcare Support,
- 1.7% are in Life, Physical and Social Sciences,
- 21.5% are in Management,
- 9.0% are in Office and Administrative Support.
- The employment status of this labor force is as follows: