Accessibility Features in Google Chrome
Magnify Your Screen
You can adjust the size of text and images on the screen for better visibility
- Press and hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard
A the same time as holding the CTRL key:
- press the + key to increase the size of the text and images or
- press the - key to decrease the size of the text and images.
- Keep repeating Step 2 until you reach the desired size.
Adjusting Colors Used on Web Pages
To change the color scheme of a web page for easier reading:
- Install the High Contrast extension by visiting the Google Chrome Extensions website and search for the extension
- Select the Install button.
Once installed, you will see the High Contrast icon
located next to the URL field.
Right click on the icon and select High Contrast to change the
background color scheme.
- Click Set as default scheme to apply your changes.
Choosing Font Styles
You can change the style and size for better visibility.
- Select the Tools menu then Options.
- Select the Under the Hood tab.
In the Web Content section, select Change fonts and language
Select the Fonts and Encoding tab, then choose the fonts for your
- Select Ok to confirm your changes on the Fonts and Languages
- Select Close to return to Google Chrome.