Vendor Internet Portal (VIP) Registration Process
Foreign Vendors (outside the US and Canada) should contact us to register.
- Complete and submit the Vendor self-registration form.
- Please have your 9-digit Tax Identification Number (TIN) also known as Employer Identification Number (EIN) OR Social Security Number (SSN) ready to complete the form. If you have a DUNS number, please have that ready as well.
- The TIN/EIN/SSN and DUNS number (if provided) will be checked against our database at registration. If it is discovered the number already exists then registration will be blocked and the registrant will be advised to contact us or the vendor administrator already on file.
- Within 5-10 minutes of completing the self-registration an email will be sent, from email@example.com, to confirm your registration.
- Validate your email address by completing the email questionnaire.
- Once validated, you will receive two additional emails, from firstname.lastname@example.org, containing instructions, temporary login credentials and a link to the Vendor Administrator registration form. These additional emails may take an additional business day to process.
The temporary login credentials received via email are needed to proceed to the Vendor Administrator Registration Form. Contact us if you have not received these after two business days.
- Complete the Vendor Administrator Registration Form.
- Create a User Name [user names must begin with 9; do not use special characters (spaces, hyphens, etc.)]-Please record this information as it will be required for Step 3.
- Create a Password [this is a TEMPORARY PASSWORD]-Please record this information as it will be required for Step 3.
- This password must contain a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 characters, including 1 uppercase and 1 lowercase letter and 1 number.
Please note: A vendor may elect to have more than one administrator. Additional administrators may be created within the VIP after the registration is complete. Administrators are able to create, edit, lock/unlock and delete user accounts for a vendor. It is recommended to assign at least two administrators, if possible, so that there is a backup in place.
Log on to the Fairfax Vendor Internet Portal (VIP). You will immediately be prompted to change your temporary password. Retain this new password for your records. Within the portal, there is a navigation menu on the left side with links to several instructional documents, labeled as TIP 1, TIP 2, etc. These provide information on:
- Entering and updating company and administrator data
- Adding company NIGP product codes
- Adding, deleting and editing users (lock/unlock, add or remove roles, reset passwords, etc.)
- Navigating the VIP