Technical Requirements for the Vendor Internet Portal (VIP)
Browser and Operating System Compatibility
The VIP supports Internet Explorer versions 6.0 or higher and Firefox versions 1.0 or higher.
PCs running Windows XP, Vista or 7 are supported. Macs running OS versions 10.2 or higher are supported.
Other internet browsers and operating systems may work, however, full functionality cannot be assured.
Screen Resolution of 1024 X 768 or Higher
Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images displayed on your screen. At higher resolutions, such as 1600 x 1200 pixels, items appear sharper. VIP requires a Screen resolution of 1024 X 768 or higher.
Internet Browser Settings
- Turn Off Pop-up Blockers: Pop-up Blocker is a feature that limits or blocks most pop-ups. When Pop-up Blocker is turned on, the web page containing information will not be displayed until the Blocker is turned off. The use of any add-ons like the Google toolbar can also block pop-ups.
- Compatibility viewing: Websites that were designed for earlier versions of Internet Explorer might not display correctly in the Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and above version included in Windows 7. When Compatibility View is turned on, the webpage being viewed, as well as any other webpages within the website's domain, will be displayed as if viewing an earlier version of Internet Explorer.
- Make sure security option “Do not save encrypted pages to disk” is not checked: Internet Explorer has an advanced option named “Do not save encrypted pages to disk”. By default, this option is unchecked (except for Windows Server systems) and it is recommended to leave it that way. Internet Explorer saves a lot of web site information and data in temporary files for faster retrieval in the future. For most web sites that isn't a problem, but saving encrypted web pages that should be secure to a temp file on your computer hard drive can pose a security risk.
- Enable Active scripting & and Scripting of Java applets: Enabling Active Scripting and Scripting of Java applets allows the web browser the capability to view the VIP websites and allow interactive elements with the website to function as designed.
- Select Use HTTP 1.1 and Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections: Checking the boxes next to the “Use HTTP 1.1” tells the browser which protocol to use. “Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections” tells the browser to use HTTP 1.1 only when connecting through a proxy server.
- Add https://*.fairfaxcounty.gov as a trusted site: Adding Fairfax as a trusted site allows access to certain areas and loads certain pages without encountering problems, especially when viewing attachments.
Questions or comments? Contact us.