West Ox Complex
The West Ox Complex is a partnership among Fairfax County, the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. The complex encompasses approximately 130 acres in the Springfield District of Fairfax County at the intersection of West Ox Road and the Fairfax County Parkway. The West Ox project is a multipurpose, multiagency complex including:
McConnell Public Safety and Transportation
Department of Transportation's Northern Virginia Regional
Operations, Area 04 Clifton Area Maintenance Headquarters and
State Forces Construction for the Fairfax area.
- Virginia State PoliceDivision 7 call-takers and dispatchers.
The West Ox Complex will provide critical infrastructure to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of both public safety and transportation services in the county and Northern Virginia.
Phase one at the West Ox complex will be the McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center and is estimated to cost $122.5 million. That figure includes $102.5 million for the county function and $20 million for the Virginia State Police and VDOT functions.
In November of 2002, voters approved a bond referendum that included $29 million towards replacement of the county's aging Emergency Communications Center. Additional funding for the facility has been allocated from general county funds.
McConnell Public Safety and Transportation Operations Center Information
WMATA Bus Operations Facility
- McConnell PSTOC and Bus Operations Center Ribbon-Cutting Held Oct. 10 (Oct. 10, 2008)
- West Ox Complex Site Work Nears Completion; Construction Begins for PSTOC (Sept. 28, 2006)
- Groundbreaking Held for West Ox Complex (Nov. 21, 2005)
- Department of Public Safety Communications (9-1-1 call center)
- Office of Emergency Management and Emergency Operations Center
- Police Department -- forensics facility
- Fairfax Connector bus maintenance facility
Department of Transportation
- Northern Virginia Regional Operation
- Area 04 Clifton Area Maintenance Headquarters
- State Forces Construction for the Fairfax area
- Division 7 call-takers and dispatchers
Area Transit Authority
- WMATA Bus operations facility