Open Enrollment for affordable health insurance for 2017 is November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
4 key dates regarding health insurance enrollment for 2017
· Nov 1, 2016: Marketplace open enrollment starts.
· Dec 15, 2016: Last day to enroll for coverage starting January 1, 2017.
· Jan 1, 2017: Health coverage can start for those who signed up by December 15, 2016.
· Jan 31, 2017: Open Enrollment ends.
Apply online, by phone, or in-person
You can learn about and apply for health coverage several ways:
You can apply for Medicaid and FAMIS any time
The Marketplace will tell you whether you qualify for Medicaid or FAMIS. If you qualify for Medicaid or FAMIS, your coverage can begin immediately.
Get health coverage in 4 steps
1. Create an account. Go to the Health Insurance Marketplace and select Virginia to begin. Provide some basic information to setup an account. You will need an e-mail address to setup an account on healthcare.gov. If you do not have an email address you can apply for coverage by calling 1-800-318-2596 or contacting an enrollment assister.
2. Fill out the online application. You'll provide information about you and your family, like income, household size, current health coverage information, and more. This will help the health insurance marketplace identify options that meet your needs.
3. Compare your options. You'll be able to see all the options you qualify for, including private insurance plans and free and low-cost coverage through Virginia's Medicaid program and Family Access to Medicaid Insurance Security (FAMIS) program.
4. Enroll. After you choose a plan, you need to contact your chosen insurance company to pay your first premium by the due date and complete your enrollment. If you have any questions, there's plenty of help at HealthCare.gov and throughout Virginia.
For more information and assistance in applying, visit:
NVFS Enrollment Assistance
Back to top