Welcome to Fairfax Connector BusTracker
Terms and Conditions of Use:
Fairfax County, Virginia (Fairfax County or County), utilizes a real-time automated vehicle location system to track the location of Fairfax Connector vehicles and uses this information (Transit Data) to populate a tracking service providing estimated arrival time for Fairfax Connector vehicles (Fairfax Connector Bus Tracker). The Transit Data is made available to the public through the Fairfax Connector Bus Tracker website (Website). Access to the website is provided subject to the following terms and conditions (the License Agreement). Your use of the Website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Fairfax County may periodically change the terms and conditions without notice, and your continued use of the Website signifies your acceptance of the terms and conditions as and whenever they are changed by the County.
1. This Website and all materials and data contained on it are distributed and transmitted on an "as is" and “as available” basis. The County makes no express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including without limitation, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
2. Fairfax County is not liable for any attorneys’ fees, or direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages relating to your use of, or inability to use, the Website, the Transit Data, or any other materials contained on the Website, including without limitation any material posted on the Website.
3. Fairfax County is not responsible or liable for any viruses or other contamination of your system or hardware, or for any delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of the Website, the Transit Data, or with respect to the material contained on the Website, including without limitation any material posted on the Website.
4. Fairfax County reserves the right to terminate availability of the Website or Transit Data at any time without prior notice, terminate your access to the Website in its sole discretion and for any reason, or change any or all of the provisions of this License Agreement including a change that would require you to change your password or result in you not being eligible to continue to access the Website.
5. You agree not to use the Website or Transit Data to abuse, stalk, harass, threaten, physically harm, or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, or in furtherance of any illegal activities.
6. Use of the Website or the Transit Data shall not be deemed or construed to establish any business relationship between you or any person who accesses, downloads, or otherwise uses the Website or Transit Data and Fairfax County, the Fairfax Connector, or persons working on behalf of the County or the Fairfax Connector.
7. Fairfax County reserves the right to institute changes to Fairfax Connector Service, Fairfax Connector Bus Tracker, the Transit Data, or the Website, and the County frequently makes such changes. The County makes no guarantee about the availability of new, revised, or updated Transit Data. It is incumbent upon persons who access this Website and the Transit Data to check frequently for new, revised, or updated Transit Data.
8. Fairfax County fully reserves all its copyright and trademark rights on graphic images and the content of this Website. This means that you may not: (1) distribute the text, marks, graphics, or Transit Data to others without the express written permission of Fairfax County; (2) “mirror” the text, graphics, or Transit Data on any other internet site or in software without the express written permission of the County; (3) duplicate the text, graphics, or Transit Data except as permitted in the next sentence; or (3) modify or re-use the text, marks, graphics, or Transit Data on this Website. You may: (1) print or digitally retain copies of the Website pages or Transit Data for your own personal use; and (2) reference or link to this Website from your own documents. In all copies you make, you must include this notice and any other copyright notices originally included with the text, marks, graphics, or Transit Data.
9. Some links on this Website may connect you with other internet sites that are not under the control of Fairfax County. The appearance of a link on this Website to another internet site does not imply Fairfax County’s endorsement, nor is Fairfax County responsible for the contents of any linked site. You access the links at your own risk.
10. We automatically collect and store technical information about your visit to the Website including: (1) the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; (2) the type of browser software and operating system used to access our site; (3) the date and time you access our site; and (4) the pages you visit on our site. The technical information collected will not personally identify you. We also store technical information that we collect through cookies and log files to create a profile of our customers. The profile information is used to improve the content of the Website, to perform a statistical analysis of use of the Website and to enhance use of the Website. Technical information stored in a profile will not be linked to any personal information provided to us through your other use of the Website. Fairfax County may provide this technical information to our software provider, who does not provide the information to any other parties and uses the information to improve the Website and enhance its use.
11. The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia shall govern all rights and obligations that arise under this License Agreement without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provisions that would otherwise result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.