REVIVE! trains individuals on what to do and not do in an overdose situation, how to administer naloxone, and what to do afterwards, and this course is now being provided online.
During this 60-minute virtual class, participants will learn:
- How to recognize the signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose.
- How to administer naloxone nasal spray to potentially reverse the effects of an opioid overdose.
- Other knowledge needed to fully respond to an opioid overdose emergency (what to do and not do).
In order to access the online class, you will need:
- A smart phone, tablet, desktop or laptop computer equipped with a camera, microphone and speakers.
- Zoom video meetings conferencing software, available for free download.
Registration will be confirmed via email, including course log-in instructions for Zoom and additional registration instructions.
Upon completion of the virtual training, only residents of Fairfax County and Cities of Fairfax and Falls Church will receive the REVIVE! kit (two CPR mouth barriers, vinyl gloves, stickers, instruction card) and/or no-cost naloxone.