[Click the image for a printable calendar]
The Fairfax-Falls Church Community Services Board's Wellness, Health Promotion & Prevention team focuses on ways to strengthen our community’s emotional health and ability to handle challenges related to mental health concerns and substance misuse.
This month we are focusing on alcohol awareness, stress awareness and Every Kid Healthy week. We encourage the community to learn more about mental health and preventing suicide. Community members can also download the myStrength app and explore a variety of wellness opportunities.
Explore our calendar of suggestions and reach out to the prevention team for more information about the activities suggested.
- "Take Down Tobacco" National Day of Action [https://www.takedowntobacco.org/about]
- Connect with the This is Quitting program for tools to quit vaping.
- Schedule a “Talk They Hear You” presentation.
- Sign up for a virtual Mental Health First Aid (contact us about personalized training sessions).
- Take a virtual QPR class to learn how you can help prevent suicide.
- Get the facts on various health topics from aging to mental health and more from the World Health Organization.
- Learn about World Health Day.
- REVIVE! opioid overdose reversal training.
- Learn about healthy eating.
- Get the facts on various health topics from aging to mental health and more.
- Download the myStrength app to learn about reducing stress (click on ‘Sign Up’, and enter access code ‘CSBCommunity’).
- Engage in self-care [https://www.apa.org/monitor/2020/07/self-care].
- Become a Lock & Talk family.
- Drug Take Back Day is Saturday, April 24 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- You can drop your unused or expired medications at the police station’s drop boxes 24/7.
- Grow preschool-aged students’ personal, social and emotional skills with the Al’s Pals program.
- Be part of building a resilient community; learn more about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs).
[Get a printable calendar.]
Contact for news media inquiries: Lisa Flowers, Communications Director, 571-474-5435 (cell) or 703-324-7006 (office).