Fairfax Connector Implements Changes in Mount Vernon, Reston, Tysons Corner
September 29, 2010
Effective Sunday, Oct. 10, Fairfax Connector will be adjusting four routes and schedules, restructuring routes 151 and 152 and creating a new route 159 as an effort to better serve passenger needs and improve the on-time performance of existing routes. The affected routes include: routes 151, 152, 159, 574 and RIBS 5.
Following is a summary of the changes:
- Route 151: Schedule will be updated to more accurately reflect current running time and to improve schedule reliability. The route will be modified so that it operates primarily on the west side of Richmond Highway.
- Route 152: Schedule will be updated to more accurately reflect current running time and to improve schedule reliability. The route will be modified so that it operates primarily on the east side of Richmond Highway.
- New Route 159: New route to provide peak direction service between the Engleside neighborhood, Richmond Highway and the Huntington Metro Station. In Fall 2011, in conjunction with the Transit Development Plan (TDP) recommendations and the Fort Belvoir Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) bus service changes, Route 159 will be converted to a limited-stop service on Richmond Highway, to provide a faster connection to Metrorail. As a limited-stop service, Route 159 would serve all the stops in the Engleside neighborhood and would serve only REX stops on Richmond Highway, complementing the existing REX bus service.
- Route 574: Due to schedule adherence problems associated with the construction and traffic in and around Tysons Corner, Route 574 will be truncated at the Tysons West*Park Transit Station and service will be eliminated between Tysons West*Park and Tysons Corner Center. Alternative service between those two points is available on Fairfax Connector Routes 401 and 402 as well as several Metrobus routes.
- RIBS 5: Weekday schedule will be adjusted and headways widened to 35-45 minutes to better reflect accurate running time.
To view the new route maps and schedules for these service changes, visit www.fairfaxconnector.com. The new timetables also are available on-board buses and in Connector Stores. For additional bus route information, call Fairfax Connector Telephone Information Center at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608.
For information about this news item, contact Ellen Kamilakis at 703-877-5606, TTY 711.