Fairfax Connector Service Advisories
Herndon-Monroe Park and Ride
Effective January 18, 2017
- The sidewalk adjacent to the old surface lot will be closed until the new garage is completed.
- Vehicle access will be restricted to one lane into the complex.
- Pedestrians should use the temporary sidewalk for the duration of the project. Click on the image below to enlarge.
Please also see the
Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project announcement regarding work
on Sunrise Valley Drive.
When detours are in place, the real-time arrival information on BusTracker may not be accurate. Passengers should prepare for delays and plan for extra time at their stop. Fairfax Connector apologies for this inconvenience.
- Effective Nov. 16, 2017 - Fall 2018
- Due to reconstruction of the Backlick Road bridge over the CSX Railroad just north of Cinder Bed Road, traffic will be detoured in Newington.
- 334: Afternoon trips will depart Franconia-Springfield as scheduled, however because of the detour there will be significant delays for passengers after Gateway 95, including DLA, Northern Virginia Community College and back to Franconia-Springfield. Morning trips will not be affected.
- 340/341: Routes also will experience afternoon delays in both directions.
- Effective Sept. 30, 2017
- Bus Stop ID #5162 – Industrial Road @ Commercial Drive - will not be served by Routes 321 and 322 until further notice.
- Passengers traveling to and from this location can use Bus Stop ID#3859 – Commercial @ E Industrial Road. This stop is located approximately 150 feet north of Industrial Road on the east side of Commercial Drive (view map)