For Immediate Release
March 25, 2020
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) announces that due to the temporary closure of the Mclean and Van Dorn Metrorail Stations beginning Thursday, March 26, 2020, Fairfax Connector bus routes that serve those stations will be re-routed to serve open Metrorail stations. The Fairfax Connector detours will be in effect until further notice. Passengers should also note that due to these detours, the estimated arrival times of their bus in Fairfax Connector BusTracker may not be accurate.
FCDOT officials would like to thank Fairfax Connector customers for their patience as we strive to continue providing service, and protect the health and safety of our operators and customers.
Fairfax Connector Routes Serving McLean Metrorail Station
- Route 721 - Buses will follow regular weekday schedule but will travel a route used during midday and weekends in order to provide access to the Tysons Corner Metrorail Station. Due to this change in the travel pattern, passengers should expect significant delays.
- Route 724 – Buses will stay on Dolley Madison Drive bypassing the Colshire Meadow Drive loop, and will continue on to the Tysons Corner Metrorail Station.
Fairfax Connector Routes Serving Van Dorn Metrorail
- Route 109 – To access the Huntington Metrorail Station , take the Huntington-bound trips on this route. You can catch these trips across the street from your regular stop.
- Routes 231, 232, 321, and 322 - To access the Franconia-Springfield Metrorail Station, take Franconia-Springfield bound trips on these routes. You can catch these trips across the street from your regular stop.
- Visit Fairfax Connector online.
- Call Fairfax Connector Telephone Information Center at 703-339-7200, TTY 711
- Follow us on Twitter @ffxconnector or like us on Facebook/fairfaxconnector