For Immediate Release
November 15, 2019
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will hold a second round of community input meetings and engagement opportunities to encourage public input on alternatives developed to provide enhanced Fairfax Connector bus service in the Franconia and Springfield areas. The service alternatives were developed based on public input received through community engagement, stakeholder engagement and technical analysis.
After this round of public engagement, FCDOT staff will develop a preferred service plan to provide better access to destinations, improved travel times, increased schedule reliability and more dependable service. The community will have an opportunity to review and comment on the preferred service plan in Spring 2020.
**Spanish translation services will be available at the meetings. Community members who would benefit from additional translation services should contact FCDOT at 703-877-5600, TTY 711, no later than seven days prior to the meeting.**
Saturday, Nov. 23, 2019 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
South Center 6080 Kingstowne Village Pkwy in Alexandria
Transit access: Fairfax Connector Routes 321, 322
Garfield Elementary School
Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019 7:00 PM-9:00 PM
7101 Old Keene Mill Road Springfield VA 22150
Transit access: Fairfax Connector Routes 310, 321, 322
- Childcare and transportation assistance available, by request. Requests for childcare and transportation assistance are accepted no later than seven (7) days prior to the meeting by contacting Neighborhood and Community Services (NCS) at 703-704-6700, TTY 711.
Residents are encouraged to provide input on the service alternatives by filling out an online survey. The survey will be open Nov. 16 - Dec. 17, 2019. Mail comments to Fairfax County Department of Transportation, 4050 Legato Road, Suite 400, Fairfax, VA 22033.
FCDOT staff will also be engaging residents in the Franconia and Springfield areas through pop-up events and current Fairfax Connector passenger outreach during the Nov. and Dec. 2019. If you would like to stay involved with this process:
- Sign-up for email or text updates via Fairfax Alerts by selecting “Fairfax Connector Information”.
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com to stay informed with the latest news and information.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Contact the project team via Fairfaxconnector@fairfaxcounty.gov