Fairfax Connector Student Bus Pass Program
Students: Get where you need to go – FAST and FREE!
Did you know that you can now sign-up for the Free Student Bus Pass Pilot Program at all Fairfax County High Schools and Middle Schools and ride the Fairfax Connector and City of Fairfax CUE bus for free? You can check for more information at your school’s administration office; you need to have your parent’s/guardian’s approval for signing up.
3 Things to Remember - Applying For Your Free Pass
- The free student bus pass permits students to ride Fairfax Connector or City of Fairfax CUE buses for free from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week. All other times you will need cash or a SmarTrip® card.
- Students must contact their school's administration office to get the appropriate forms to sign up.
- Parental/guardian consent is required for this program (this is a requirement of FCPS; Fairfax County Government does not distribute consent forms.)
Tips for Riding Fairfax Connector and City of Fairfax CUE
- Have your student pass out and ready to show the driver when you board the bus.
- Your Free Student Pass will work on Fairfax Connector and City of Fairfax CUE buses. If you switch to Metro or any other bus system you will need cash or a SmarTrip® card.
- Your pass works from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., 7 days a week. Other times you will need cash or a SmarTrip® card.
- Another important thing to remember is to give respect to get respect. It’s important to be kind to other riders, especially those with special needs. There are seats designed just for them so try to avoid sitting there.
- If you get lost or turned around, the Fairfax Connector drivers are great! Just tell them you need help and they will help you.
- Fairfax Connector Student Bus Pass Brochure (PDF)
- For Fairfax Connector route and schedule information, go online, call 703-339-7200, TTY 711, or email email@example.com.
- For City of Fairfax CUE route and schedule information, go to www.cuebus.org or call 703-385-7859, TTY711.
- Free Student Bus passes are available to all County/FCPS middle school and high school students.
- Participants must reside in Fairfax County or the City of Fairfax, regardless of which school - public, private or home school - they attend.
- For pass distribution information, check with your school's administration or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Private school or home school students in middle or high school who reside in Fairfax County or the City of Fairfax may obtain a pass by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.