Regular Service in Effect
*Holiday Service in Effect on Monday, Jan. 21 for the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday*
Plan Ahead and Stay Informed
During inclement weather, heavy snow or icy conditions, Fairfax Connector may reduce, modify or suspend service due to poor travel conditions. If road conditions become unsafe, icy or snow packed, service may be suspended on a route-by-route basis, or system-wide. There are things you can do to plan for your commute and stay informed of service changes during inclement weather:
SYSTEM-WIDE OPERATING STATUS
- Sign-up for email and/or text alerts for your routes through Fairfax Connector BusTracker. **Watch a :30 video on how to use Fairfax Connector BusTracker here.**
- Call Fairfax Connector customer service at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608; Mon - Fri 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sat - Sun 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Se habla Español.
- Follow Fairfax Connector on Twitter and Facebook, and monitor local news outlets and www.fairfaxconnector.com.
ROUTE-SPECIFIC SERVICE CHANGES AND DETOURS
- Before you head out to your bus stop, check the status and any possible detours for your route on BusTracker or make sure you are signed-up for email and/or text alerts for your routes.
- You can also call Fairfax Connector customer service at 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608; Mon - Fri 5 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sat - Sun 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Se habla Español.
BusTracker REAL-TIME ESTIMATED ARRIVAL INFORMATION
- Riders are reminded that during inclement weather, route-by-route estimated arrival information in BusTracker may not be accurate:
- If your route is on detour, the information presented in BusTracker will not reflect real-time estimated arrival information but rather the schedule information.
- While on detour, a bus will not show up in the BusTracker location map view.
Allow Extra Time and Stay Safe While Traveling
During cold weather and in case of any snow accumulation, safety is our top priority! For safer, more bearable travel during winter weather:
- Plan and decide on a route that keeps you waiting outside for the shortest time possible. It is important to arrive at your bus stop five minutes before the listed arrival time of your bus.
- To minimize the wait time at your stop, check the estimated arrival time of your bus on your smart phone, tablet or a desktop through Fairfax Connector BusTracker. You can also sign-up for email and/or text alerts for your routes estimated arrival times for a specific stop.
- Dress appropriately for the cold weather meaning you are not exposing any skin to the cold, so you are wearing a hat, mittens or gloves, a scarf, socks, warm boots or shoes, and a warm jacket. Thick, loose clothing and lots of layers are ideal.
- Be on the lookout for frostbite, which typically affects smaller, more exposed body parts like the nose, earlobes, fingers, hands and toes, and get out of the cold if possible. Symptoms are a change in skin color, a slightly painful sensation, hard looking skin, numbness and a cold or burning feeling. Again, it’s important to keep those areas covered to avoid frostbite.
- Doing cardio at the bus stop might look a little silly, but moving your body and jumping up and down helps generate some heat. Just keep moving to keep your body temperature at a steady level.
Monitor Road Conditions