Ten commissioners are appointed by the Board of Supervisors to three-year terms: three commissioners represent tenants, three represent landlords, and four represent the community-at-large.
- Eric Fielding - Chair
- Tony E. Gomez
- Jade Harberg
- Angelina M. Panettieri - Secretary
- Amy Purnell - Vice-Chair
- Karen M. Geir-Smith - Vice-Chair
- Christopher L. Kocsis
- Paula Park
The Tenant Landlord Commission meets the third Thursday in February, April, June, August, October and December, at 7:30 p.m. at the Fairfax County Government Center. Meetings are open to the public and time is available for public comment.
To give objective and fair assistance to the county’s tenants and
- To advise the Board of Supervisors of tenant-landlord problems and trends
- To educate the public concerning rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords
- To inform tenants and landlords of the mediation and arbitration services available through Consumers Affairs
- To recommend changes in tenant-landlord laws at all levels of government
- To represent Fairfax County before legislative, public and private bodies
- Arbitrate tenant-landlord complaints referred by the Consumer Affairs Branch
- County staff handles the day-to-day inquiries for information, referrals, advice and mediation from citizens regarding consumer issues.
- Staff is available to assist citizens Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Public Service Announcement
Available now for you to watch are two short Public Service Announcements (PSA) about renter's insurance brought to you by the Fairfax County Tenant-Landlord Commission: