Call 1-877-ASK-VDH3 (Virginia Department of Health)
Do NOT call the Fairfax County Health Department or the public safety non-emergency number about compliance with the governor’s executive order for face coverings.
Face Covering Requirement
Face coverings are now required by executive order of the governor when people are inside public places.
Anyone aged ten and over is required to wear a face covering inside certain public places. It is strongly recommended that children older than two wear face coverings. Children aged two and under should never wear a face covering. A person who has trouble breathing, who cannot secure or remove the face covering without assistance, or who has a medical condition limiting the use of face coverings should not wear a face covering.
Where to Wear Face Coverings
- Inside essential and non-essential brick and mortar retails establishments
- Inside personal care and personal grooming establishments
- Inside places where people congregate, including places of worship, waiting rooms, and libraries
- Inside food and beverage establishments, except when eating or drinking
- When utilizing public transportation, as well as when in any waiting or congregating areas associated with boarding public transportation
- When accessing state or local government services
- All employment settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained for more than 10 minutes