What to Know About Phased Reopening in Fairfax County
Phase Three Updates: November 2020
- Governor Northam Announces New Statewide Measures to Contain COVID-19
- View Updated Phase Three Guidelines
Phase Three Updates: July 2020
- Fairfax County Enters Phase Three on July 1
Phase Three Overview
Phase Two Updates: June 2020
- Fairfax County to Enter Phase Two Reopening on June 12
- More Park Facilities Opening Under Phase Two Guidelines
- Fire Department Reminds Businesses To Maintain Clear Access To All Exits
Phase One Updates: May 2020
- 6 Things to Know About Phase One
- Board of Supervisors Approves Use of Outdoor Space for Restaurants and Exercise Facilities During Phase 1
- Fairfax County to Enter First Phase of Easing Public Health Restrictions on May 29
General Information and Resources for All Businesses
- Resources for Businesses from the Virginia Department of Health.
- Water System Flushing Guidance from Fairfax Water.
- Exercise Starter Kit for Reconstituting Operations – FEMA has developed an Exercise Starter Kit that organizations can use to conduct planning workshops to navigate the complexities of returning to full operations.
- Posting of Maximum Occupant Load – the Virginia Construction Code and Statewide Fire Prevention Code specify the posting of the maximum number of occupants for certain assembly spaces.
- Determining Your Business’s Maximum Occupancy – ways to determine your business's maximum occupancy.
- Guidance for Building Water System Flushing After Closures – tips and best practices from Fairfax Water.
- Recovery Readiness – a how-to-guide for preparing your physical office and staff for returning to the “new” workplace.
- The Virginia Small Business Development – guide and checklist for businesses who are planning to reopen. This checklist is meant to help guide businesses with important questions as they seek to reopen and thrive in the next phase of opening.
- CDC Guidelines:
- COVIDCheck – a new online risk-assessment tool to check their symptoms and connect with the appropriate health care resource, including COVID-19 testing.
Restaurant and Beverage Services
- Restaurants and Beverage Services – guidelines from the governor’s office showing mandatory requirements, best practices, and additional considerations. Also has printable signs for display.
- Forward Virginia Guidelines – social distancing, cleaning, and workplace safety best practices from the governor’s office.
- FDA - Best Practices for Food & Beverage Businesses During the COVID-19 Pandemic – best practices to operate retail food stores, restaurants, and pickup/delivery services.
- CDC Considerations for Restaurants and Bars – shows how operators can protect employees, customers, and communities and slow the spread.
- OSHA - Takeout and Curbside Pickup Guidance – list of publications from OSHA in English and Spanish.
- National Restaurant Association - COVID-19 Reopening Guidance – partnered with the Food and Drug administration, and other to develop a set of opening and operating guidelines.
- National Restaurant Association Serv Safe Reopening Training – provides an overview tools to reduce risk of transmission, apply sanitation practices and recognize new social distance rules.
Brick and Mortar Retail and Farmers Markets
- Brick and Mortar Retail – guidelines from the governor’s office.
- National Retail Federation – a blueprint for safe shopping.
- OSHA - Retail Workers Guidance – these are being continuously updated, so this link is to OSHA's Publications page where the latest document can be found.
- OSHA Guidance for Workers and Employers in Critical and High Customer-Volume Environments – for retail operations that remain open during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Farmers Markets – guidelines from the governor’s office.
Salons and Barber Shops
- Personal Care and Grooming Services – guidelines from the governor’s office.
- Professional Beauty Association - Back-to-Work Guidelines
- Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation - Board for Barbers and Cosmetology Disinfection Reminders for Shops, Salons + Spas
- National Barber Boards Suggested Reopening Guidelines
Campgrounds, Youth Sports and Summer Camps
Fitness and Exercise Facilities
- Fitness and Exercise Facilities – guidelines from the governor’s office.
- International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA) - 18 Safety Considerations for Your Health Club Reopening Plan
- Religious Services – guidelines from the governor’s office.
- Small Business Development Center compilation of resources for other industries.
- Guidelines from the Virginia Department of Social Services
Concerns/Violations About Phased Reopening Guidelines:
Call 703-691-2131 / Fairfax County Public Safety Non-Emergency Number
Report Concerns/Violations About Governor's Order for Face Coverings:
Call 1-877-ASK-VDH3 / Virginia Department of Health
Fairfax County Government Status
Fairfax County Government continues to deliver assistance from a distance for many services. Parks, farmers markets and other services have resumed in a phased way. View our operating status page for details and links.