Merrifield Peer Resource Center
Peer Resource Center
8221 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
The Peer Resource Center at the CSB's Merrifield Center is a living example of Hope, Recovery, and Wellness.
We are committed to moving forward with you, connecting you to the recovery community. The Peer Resource Center staff share their lived experience with mental health challenges to connect with our guests that utilize the Center.
The Peer Resource Center offers a variety of services and supports. Peer Support Specialists provide assistance with:
- Navigating the CSB service system
- Applying for benefits like food stamps, general relief and SSI/SSDI (Supplemental Security Income/Social Security Disability Insurance)
- Accessing transportation (transit schedules, reduced fare cards for Metro)
- Individual peer support (available in English and American Sign Language)
- Debt management, including accessing credit reports
- Wellness Recovery Action Plans (WRAP)
- Advance Directives, which allow you to plan for health care decisions – mental and physical – when you are unable to make those decisions yourself
The Peer Resource Center also offers:
Peer support groups:
- Tranquil Voices – general peer support group
- Conversations at 2 – women's peer support group
- Honestidad y Recuperación – Spanish-speaking support group
- Employment services and individual employment support
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) meetings
- Computer/internet access
- Creative Arts group
- Online, self-paced training on Microsoft programs – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The Peer Resource Center is also working on bringing new programs and services. Coming soon:
- Meditation and mindfulness classes
- NAMI Peer-to-Peer workshops
Stop by the Center to meet our Peer Specialists and to get a current calendar of groups and meetings!
Hours of Operation
- Mondays, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Wednesdays, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fridays, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.