Department of Procurement and Material Management Mission Statement
Department of Procurement and Material Management Mission
MISSION – The Department of Procurement and Material Management is committed to providing the necessary resources that establish a foundation for quality service to the community.
VISION – The Department of Procurement and Material Management strives to join with vendors and County departments to secure quality goods and services in a timely manner and at a reasonable cost while ensuring that all purchasing actions are conducted fairly and impartially.
VALUES – The Department of Procurement and Material Management believes that these values are essential to our success:
- Customer Care – We believe a strong commitment to quality service to our customers is vital for our success.
- Providing accurate and timely information – We believe that timely and accurate information is crucial to business decisions within the County and the business community.
- Building effective partnerships – We believe that our strength lies in our professional relationships and that solid partnerships between the County and the business community are based upon us understanding our customer’s business needs and planning, implementing and managing the best contracts. We embrace the highest ethical standards of our profession and model ethical conduct to our customers, our colleagues and our peers.
- Innovation – We value creativity and innovation in developing and providing successful solutions. We are committed to seeking more efficient and effective ways of conducting our business
- Open access to procurement opportunities and information – We value our business partners and believe in the practice of free and open competition. We are committed to ensure a fair, non-discriminatory and complete process based on the highest ethical standards in our profession.