Cameron Run Watershed
Major Streams and Tributaries
Holmes Run, Tripps Run, Backlick Run, Indian Run, Turkeycock Run and Pike Branch
This watershed is highly developed and includes parts of Baileys Crossroads, Annandale, Springfield, Franconia, Falls Church and Alexandria. Lake Barcroft, a 137-acre manmade lake, is centrally located at the point where Holmes Run and Tripps Run join. The 15-acre Fairview Lake is in the northwestern part of the watershed at the headwaters of Holmes Run. Almost 93 percent (31.5 square miles) of the Cameron Run watershed is located within Fairfax County; the remaining areas are located within the cities of Falls Church and Alexandria.
Cameron Run Watershed Management Plan
The Cameron Run Watershed Management Plan was adopted by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors on Aug. 6, 2007.
- Full Plan (43 MB)
- Acknowledgments, Executive Summary and Table Of Contents
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Overview of the Cameron Run Watershed
- Chapter 3 - Assessing the Condition of Cameron Run Watershed
- Chapter 4 - State of Cameron Run and its Subwatersheds
- Chapter 5 - Development of the Watershed Plan
- Chapter 6 - Watershed Plan
- References and Glossary
Several projects have been completed or are under development from the watershed plan. Please see the project list website for a list of these projects.
For additional information, please email the Stormwater Planning Division or call 703-324-5500, TTY 711.