Lost or Damaged Absentee Ballots

If you damage, mark incorrectly (spoil), lose your original absentee ballot or never received it, call the Office of Elections immediately at 703-222-0776 (TTY 711) and we can explain what you need to do to get a replacement ballot.

If the ballot is damaged or spoiled, you must return it to us before we can give you a replacement ballot. Here is what you can do, but we strongly recommend that you call us first at 703-222-0776 (TTY 711).

  • Visit the Office of Elections, Suite 323 at the Fairfax County Government Center, 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, 22035. We can issue you a replacement ballot up until the polls close at 7 p.m. on Election Day. Make sure to bring your damaged or spoiled ballot.
  • Bring your damaged or spoiled ballot to your polling place, or our office at the Government Center, on Election Day, where you can vote once you turn your ballot over to an election officer.
  • A voter with an illness or disability who cannot come to our office may designate an individual to pick up and return a replacement ballot on your behalf. Please call the Office of Elections first at 703-222-0776 (TTY 711) to find out what you need to do for this process.
  • If you lost or never received your ballot, you can vote a provisional ballot at the polling place on Election Day. This ballot will not be counted on Election Day. However, once we verify that we did not receive your absentee ballot, we will process your provisional ballot.


Contact Fairfax County: Phone, Email or Twitter | Main Address: 12000 Government Center Parkway, Fairfax, VA 22035
Technical Questions: Web Administrator

ADA Accessibility | Website Accessibility
Awards | FOIA | Mobile | Using this Site | Web Disclaimer & Privacy Policy | Get Adobe Reader
Official site of the County of Fairfax, Virginia, © Copyright 2015

Website Feedback Website Feedback    Globe with various flags representing Web site language translations   Language Translations

Return to Graphic Version