Voter Registration Training Schedule
Upcoming 3rd Party Voter Registration Training Information
Inclement Weather Information
In the event that Fairfax County Government Offices close due to inclement weather, training will be cancelled. Classes will also be cancelled in the event of facility closures, i.e., power outages, etc. For additional information on operating status, please call the Fairfax County Government Emergency Information Line at 703-817-7771. Information is also available through the County’s website, Twitter (www.twitter.com/fairfaxcounty) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/fairfaxcounty).
Effective July 1, 2013 all individuals or organizations requesting twenty-five (25) or more voter registration applications from the Virginia Department of Elections (ELECT) or local voter registration offices must register and complete ELECT certified training.
You may complete this training one of three ways:
- ELECT Online training: Access the online training ( Apple mobile devices).
- Instructor led, classroom training offered by ELECT, email Garry Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Instructor led, classroom training at Fairfax County Office of Elections. Please email Patricia Ferguson at email@example.com to register for one of the locally scheduled training classes listed below, or call 703-324-4711.
ELECTencourages all groups involved in the voter registration process to participate in these training opportunities.
YOU MUST RSVP FOR CLASSES. Please RSVP within 24 hours of your class choice. If there are no participants, class will be cancelled.
All classes, unless otherwise noted, are conducted in the Office of Elections, Suite 323, 12000 Government Center Pkwy., Fairfax, 22035
Training dates in Fairfax County are
Fairfax County Government Center, Suite 323, Fairfax, VA
Thursday, August 24 at 2:00 p.m., CANCELLED training class in Vietnamese
Friday, August 25 at 10:00 a.m. OR 2:30 p.m.
Please rsvp within 24 hours of each class to ensure availability. Classes usually last an hour and a half.
The training will cover topics including best practices for completion of the voter registration application, maintaining the integrity of the voter registration process, prohibited activities, important deadlines for submission of completed applications, and laws protecting the privacy of applicants. The online tutorial is still required by ELECT.
2017 Voter Registration Deadlines:
- May 2 Vienna Town Council Election: April 10 at 5:00 p.m., online: 11:59 p.m.
- June 13 Primary Elections(s), if called for: May 22 at 5:00 p.m., online: 11:59 p.m.
- Aug 29 Special Election, Member, School Board At-Large: Aug 15 at 5:00 p.m., online: 11:59 p.m.
- Nov 7 General and Special Elections: Oct 16 at 5:00 p.m., online: 11:59 p.m.