Membership in the Green Business Partners program is free. To participate, a business simply must:
- Own, manage, or lease at least one location in Fairfax County.
- Submit a completed application including:
- At least 5 sustainability actions in the areas of management and leadership, energy, waste, water, and transportation. Participants are encouraged, but not required, to take advantage of third-party certification programs, such as ENERGY STAR® or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®).
- At least 1 quantitative result, such as kilowatt hours of electricity saved or tons of cardboard recycled. While we ask that you share at least 1 quantitative result, we hope that you’ll share many more so that your success can inspire others.
- Renew every other year. Participating businesses must update their profile once every two years to maintain a listing in the Green Business Directory.