To help residents and businesses reduce the cost and complexity of investing in solar energy, Fairfax County works with the Local Energy Alliance Program to host an annual Solarize campaign. Since 2014, more than 540 solar systems have been installed in Northern Virginia through the Solarize program. The 2021 Solarize program ran from April 12 through June 30 and has now closed.
In 2021, the Solarize program featured the following components and benefits:
- A free, virtual assessment to determine if your home or business is well-suited for a solar installation.
- Bulk discounts on solar systems for home or business (typically between 10 and 15% off of current consumer prices).
- Access to a pre-qualified solar installer, Solar Energy World.
- A free home energy assessment for residential Solarize participants to identify energy-saving opportunities within your home.
- The opportunity to install battery storage for your solar system at a discount.
- The opportunity to bundle the purchase and installation of electric vehicle charging stations with your solar purchase, reducing the overall cost of installing EV technology at your home or business.