(Posted 2021 June)
Cooling Assistance is a program designed to help keep vulnerable Fairfax County residents cool during the summer months. To be eligible, at least one household member must be: 60 or older, 5 or younger, or disabled according to Social Security, Medicaid or 100% Veteran’s Administration.
Applications for Cooling Assistance will be accepted from June 15–August 16.
- Payment of electric bills to operate cooling equipment.
- Payment of electric security deposit that is needed to establish new service.
- Repair of a central air conditioning system, heat pump, ceiling fan, attic fan or whole house fan.
- Purchase of a whole-house fan, including ceiling or attic fans when there is no other working cooling equipment in the home.
- Purchase and installation of one window unit air conditioner for households when there is no other working cooling equipment in the home.
- Phone: Call the Enterprise Call Center at 1-855-635-4370.
- Paper Application: Call 703-324-7500 to request an application be mailed to you.
- Fax a completed application to 703-653-1355.
- Mail a completed application to: 12011 Government Center Parkway, Suite 232, Fairfax, VA 2203.
Note: The DFS Self-Sufficiency Division has a new name beginning July 1: Public Assistance and Employment Services (PAES). We still offer the same important services including food, financial, medical and employment assistance, with improved and more convenient access – no need to come into an office, 24-hour document drop-off and 24-hour applications through CommonHelp, virtual webinars and information sessions on demand and more. The name, which better describes our services, reflects our more people-focused and customer-friendly approach. Learn more about financial and medical assistance for public assistance information and employment and training for employment resources.
This posting is part of the Department of Family Services' Community Corner where you’ll find timely information about upcoming events, parenting and wellness tips, programs and services, and more! Share these helpful posts with your friends and family. Don't miss out on future postings! Sign up today!