John Hudson Summer Internship Program: Alcohol Safety and Action Program Intern Position Description
Department: Fairfax County Alcohol and Safety Action Program
Work Location: 10700 Page Ave., Suite 201,Fairfax, VA 22030
Position Type: Paid Internship ($13.00/hour)
Enhances office's effectiveness by providing support to the Fairfax County Alcohol Safety Action Program, a criminal justice program that uses community and state services to reduce the problem of driving under the influence of alcohol or other drugs.
- Assist probation staff with case management of clients referred to the program.
- Provides excellent customer service to clients and service providers by answering phone calls and providing information about the program.
- Assist clients with their treatment plans to include data entry.
- Provide administrative support to office staff.
- Assist Financial Specialist with client billing.
- Coursework in criminal justice, business, accounting, administration of justice, social work, sociology, psychology, or related fields.
- Microsoft Office skills
- Knowledge of substance abuse issues will be helpful
- Ability to maintain discretion and client confidentiality
- Organization, time management, customer service, and excellent communication skills also required.