violations, then use this form to file a complaint.
Your complaint will be reviewed in the order it was received and
you may be contacted
by the inspector investigating your complaint. You also may search existing
you have an address or complaint number.
Information submitted as part of a complaint, including your name and other personally identifying information,
may be subject to public disclosure under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act.
Homes and Properties
- Grass Complaints accepted mid-April to mid-October.
- Electrical, heating/cooling, unsanitary conditions, vacant dwellings, water/sewer, hoarding and more Submit Complaint
- Overcrowding, too many people in home/public place, short term lodging, illegal apartment in home Submit Complaint
- Excessive junk in yard, illegal child care, home businesses, front yard pavement and more Submit Complaint
Land Use and Construction
- Overcrowding in public places, grills on balconies, hazardous materials, dumping and other fire department issues Submit Complaint
- Complaints submitted will be handled during normal business hours. For an immediate response to health or fire safety issues dial 911.
Complaints submitted will be handled during normal business hours. For an immediate response to health or fire safety issues dial 911.
Improper Trash Disposal
- Overflowing dumpster, household trash, illegal dumpsite, tires, hazardous materials, paint, oil Submit Complaint
- Animal (not dogs), construction, mechanical and other noise Submit Complaint
- For dog noise or immediate noise concerns, call the police non-emergency number at 703-691-2131, TTY 711
- For Trash Truck Noise Complaints call the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services at 703-324-5230, TTY 711.
Animals, Rats, Insects
- Infestations, excessive number of dogs, fowl, livestock and more Submit Complaint
Signs on Private Property Only
Vehicles and Parking
- Commercial, inoperable/junk, parking on grass, tow truck and more Submit Complaint
Permitted Solid Waste Collection Companies
- Before completing this form, please read about single stream collection of recyclables.
- Please do not report a missed collection until late in the day. In many cases, crews are simply running behind schedule. If you have a private trash hauler, please contact them first. (If your hauler does not resolve the issue, you may contact the county at 703-324-5230, TTY 711). If the county collects your trash, please call 703-802-3322, TTY 711
- Report a missed collection or other concern. Submit Complaint
If you’re concerned about possible fire, health, zoning, property maintenance or
land use/construction code