PLAN REVIEW CHANGES
Beginning March 24, 2020, all walk-through plan review submissions must be submitted electronically. Paper submissions will not longer be accepted. Plan types meeting the criteria for the walk-through program will be reviewed within two business days.
See the Guidelines & Restrictions section below for more details.
SCOPE OF PROGRAM
- The plans review walk-through program applies to only the following types:
- Tenant Sprinkler Plans
- Temporary Tent Permit Applications & Plans
- Note: No other types of plans are accepted for walk-through review.
- 12 plan submissions total, per walk-through day will be accepted.
DAYS & HOURS OF OPERATION
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday (excluding holidays)
- Morning - 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Afternoon - 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
GUIDELINES & RESTRICTIONS
- Plans must be submitted electronically. Visit the eReview Guidelines document for the Walk-Through Program.
- Plans will be processed in the order received.
- No more than 3 walk-through plans per day will be accepted from any given sprinkler firm.
- No more than 4 walk-through plans per day will be accepted from any expediting firm.
The walk-through submitter must wait in the lobby area while the plan is being reviewed. If the walk-through submitter chooses to be elsewhere and questions arise about the plan, the plan may be set aside since the questions will not be able to be answered. Actual review time will not necessarily be less than 1 hour, depending on the complexity of the plan. If plan information is incomplete, or if existing records are incomplete or inconclusive, review may take longer. Providing existing plan bag number will allow for more rapid processing.
- Please make every effort to provide the correct address, including floor and suite number, in order for the review to proceed expeditiously.
- Tenant Sprinkler Plans:
- Tenant space must be 4,500 square feet or less.
- Tenant sprinkler plans cannot require calculations. If it is in the remote area or otherwise requires calculations, it cannot be treated as a walk-through.
- Preaction, Dry Pipe, and Limited Area sprinkler systems all require calculations and cannot be reviewed during a walk-through.
- Note: Same day review is not guaranteed.
- As-builts for plans that were previously reviewed in the walk-through program can be reviewed as walk-through plans, provided no calculations are associated with the submission.
- Temporary Tent Permit Applications & Plans:
- Consult the code compliance guideline for permit application and plan submittal requirements.