Please note the following changes to the Fairfax County General District Court Schedule beginning on July 1, 2019, with the return of our 11th judge to the bench.
- There will be a float courtroom each morning in Courtroom 2H at 9:30 AM that will hold an extra criminal, traffic, or civil docket as determined by case counts/division needs. The exception is every other Wednesday, which will be the Mental Health docket.
- Civil Trials for Warrant in Debt cases will be heard on Wednesdays again in Courtroom 2B at 9:30 AM.
- Protective Order hearings will be held Monday through Friday at 1:30 PM in Courtroom 2E.
- Criminal motions, including attorney motions, will be heard at 9:00 AM in Courtroom 2H. You may continue to file same-day motions between 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM in the Criminal Clerk's Office, Room 204.
- Criminal Sentencing will be split between the 2nd and 3rd Thursdays at 2:00 PM. There will be one judge per sentencing courtroom as follows:
- 2nd Thursday of each month: Judges Cantrell, Earman, Minor, Mutnick, Snee
- 3rd Thursday of each month: Judges Capsalis, Cassidy, Lindner, Mayne, Simmons, Stoney
- The Mental Health/SRP Non-Compliance with Mental Health Component Docket will be held every other Wednesday at 9:30 AM in Courtroom 2H beginning July 10, 2019 (except for holidays and other court closings). The SRP Non-Compliance Docket (with no mental health component) will be held the same Wednesdays at 9:30 AM in courtroom 2K as a part of that regular Criminal docket.
- Traffic motions, including attorney motions, will be heard at 9:00 AM in Courtroom 1E. You may continue to file same-day motions between 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM in the Traffic Clerk's Office, Room 106. EXCEPTION: Please note that all motions involving a DWI restricted license will be heard at 9:30 AM in front of the sentencing judge.