Sept. 26, 2017 Board of Supervisors Meeting
Before the Meeting
review the draft
agenda until it is replaced by the
and board package
- read Weekly Agenda, our newsletter with the summary of recent Board actions and links to meeting agendas for the Board of Supervisors, Board of Zoning Appeals and Planning Commission
After the Meeting
final agenda and board package (revised) and the Clerk to
the Board's official
listen to the Board of Supervisors
Highlights podcast or
read the transcript
- read the latest county news and social media posts on NewsCenter
photos of presentations and recognitions by the Board of Supervisors
- Presentation photos are made available the afteroon of the meeting
Presentations text is provided here the day before the scheduled
Presentation of a Bicycle Friendly Community Award
A Bicycle Friendly Community Award from the League of American Bicyclists will be presented to Fairfax County.
Presentations to Sports/Schools
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors will recognize:
- The Mclean Girls Little League All-Star eight to 10 and nine to 11 year-old teams for winning state championships.
- The McLean High School Boys Tennis team for winning the state championship; McLean High School students Ben Keyser and Matthew Tran for winning the Boys Doubles Tennis state championship; and McLean High School student Sinead Eksteen for her swimming accomplishments.
- The Springfield Youth Club West End Girls and the Fort Hunt Boys Rugby teams for winning state championships.
- The Fort Hunt Little League Majors All-Star Baseball team for winning the state championship.
The Fairfax County Board of Supervisors will designate:
- October as Head Start Awareness Month.
- October as Dysautonomia Awareness Month.
- October as Disability Employment Awareness Month.
- October as Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Oct. 8-14 as Fire Prevention Week.