The First-Time Homebuyers (FTHB) Program
The First-Time Homebuyers (FTHB) Program has been providing affordable homes primarily through the Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Program to low- and moderate-income families since 1992. Homes are offered at sale prices well below the sale price of other homes in the same development. ADUs are provided under provisions of Fairfax County’s Zoning Ordinance.
- Affordably priced new and resale homes are available to first-time homebuyers in Fairfax County
- Current home prices range from $95,000 to low $200,000s *Covenants apply
Who is Eligible for FTHB Homeownership Opportunities?
- First-time homebuyers and individuals who have not owned a home in three years. Certain exceptions apply.
- Families with at least $25,000 in income and not more than the maximum income limits listed below.
- Families who can qualify for a home loan and have credit scores of 620 and above.
- Families with 2% down payment, plus closing costs and at least one month of savings. Click here for additional financial requirements.
- Families with individuals aged 55 or older may qualify for special criteria or offerings.
|1 Person||$ 61,750|
|2 People||$ 70,600|
|3 People||$ 79,400|
|4 People||$ 88,200|
|5 People||$ 95,300|
|6 People||$ 102,350|
|7 People||$ 109,400|
|8 People||$ 116,450|
Note: Income Limits updated July 31, 2020 and are subject to annual adjustments.