The Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) announces the availability of funds under the federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Home Investment Partnerships (HOME) programs. Project proposals are being solicited to acquire, develop or rehabilitate affordable housing. Preference will be given to projects that include preservation and acquisition of affordable housing and meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Result in affordable housing that is accessible to disabled persons;
- Serve extremely low-income households (at or below 30% Area Median Income (AMI));
- Provide housing for persons experiencing homelessness or who are at-risk of homelessness;
- Provide housing for seniors (62 years and older);
- Provide housing for youth transitioning out of foster care; and
- Provide beneficiaries with direct access to public transportation and/or community retail centers and/or supportive services.
The funding available under this request for proposal includes approximately $2,147,082, consisting of $515,641 in CDBG funds and $1,631,441 in HOME funds ($315,457 of which are reserved for Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs)). Funding awarded to successful applicants must be used within 24 months of approval by the FCRHA of grant awards (i.e., project completion and fully occupied by beneficiaries). An application is available online at the following links: Request for Proposals CDBG HOME CHDO Affordable Housing Projects FY 2019 and the FY 2019 CDBG HOME RFP Evaluation Criteria and Application.
A pre-proposal conference on the application process will be held at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, August 9, 2018 in the HCD Center Conference Room, in the Offices of the Fairfax County Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD), 3700 Pender Drive, Fairfax, VA. SPACE IS LIMITED – Please RSVP by email to email@example.com no later than August 6, 2018.