In conjunction with the beginning of the 2023 fiscal year, the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority (FCRHA) has issued a request for proposals for affordable housing with a notice of more than $51.9 million in local funding available for affordable housing projects. The FCRHA is a political subdivision of the Commonwealth of Virginia and acts as Fairfax County’s local financing agency. As such, the FCRHA can provide a vehicle for private developers to obtain low-cost mortgages to acquire, construct, and rehabilitate multi-family affordable housing developments.
The $51.9 million of available comes from three sources:
- The Affordable Housing Development and Investment Fund (also known as the Housing Blueprint Fund): $31.7 million
- The Tysons Housing Trust Fund: $1.2 million
- The American Rescue Plan Act: $19 million
CLICK HERE for application information, criteria, and forms.
A free pre-application conference has been scheduled for Tuesday, August 23, 2022, at 10 a.m.
Registration is required. To register, please email RHA@fairfaxcounty.gov with the following details:
- Subject: NOFA Pre-Application Conference Registration
- Include in the text of your email:
- Name of organization
- Name(s) and email address(es) of attendee(s)