Human Services Council
Health and Human Services in Fairfax County is about putting the “quality” in “quality of life.” County agencies and community partners focus on individual and community health, economic self-sufficiency, housing, and community engagement for all residents – with particular emphasis on children, youth, older adults and individuals with disabilities.
The Human Services Council is made up of 20 individuals – appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors (two from each magisterial district and two at-large appointees) – with the charge of:
- Analyzing needs and the effectiveness of the Health and Human Services System
- Advising the system on annual and strategic goals and priorities
- Serving as a liaison to governing and advisory boards of health and human service organizations and to the community on health and human service issues
News & Information
Upcoming Meetings: (Full schedule is available
- Tuesday, October 10 - Executive Committee Meeting
- Monday, October 16 - Full Membership Meeting
Newly Posted: (All materials available
- August 28, 2017 Meeting Minutes
Please click here for more information about the Human Services Council's Innovation Challenge!
Do You Need Assistance?
- Search the Human Services Resource Guide online
- Call Coordinated Services Planning at 703-222-0880, TTY 711.