The Fairfax County Student Humans Rights Commission (SHRC) will host “Let’s Talk: featuring the Fairfax Police Force” on Monday, May 17th from 4:30-6:00pm. Panelists include: Lieutenant Brenden Hooke, Fairfax County Police Department, and Captain Ronnie Lewis, City of Fairfax Police Department.
Topics of discussion:
- School-to-prison pipeline
- Daily life of a School Resource Officer (SRO)
- How COVID-19 has impacted student and SRO relationships
- Methods for fostering more inclusivity in schools and communities
- Systemic racism and police brutality
Youth interested in registering or submitting questions for the event, please visit tinyurl.com/policeforcepanel to receive the Zoom link.
Reasonable accommodations provided upon request, call 703-324-2953, TTY 711.