The Fairfax County Hunter Mill District Office is seeking a part-time summer intern to assist with a myriad of public service activities, which may include:
- Coordinating special events
- Assisting constituents
- Researching projects for Hunter Mill District Supervisor Walter Alcorn and staff
- Updating lists, such as homeowner association (HOA) contacts
- Assisting with communications, including writing, graphic design and social media
To apply for the internship you must be a college-age student and reside in Hunter Mill District (where you live when you are not in school), which includes the Town of Vienna. The intern should have enthusiasm for public service at the local government level and be able to work independently. Intern should also be available as needed on evenings and weekends.
Preferred skills include:
- Familiarity with Hunter Mill District and Fairfax County government
- Effective writing and verbal communications
- Researching and reporting results
- Technical skills, including these examples: Excel, WebEx, Microsoft, Photoshop, Canva
- Spanish language ability (verbal and written)
This is a paid internship and start and end dates are negotiable. To apply send your resume, including two references by email to email@example.com by Monday, March 1. Please put Internship Application in the subject line.