The following procedure will be effective Tuesday, October 13, 2020 when entering the Courthouse:
- All visitors, attorneys, officers, and employees, entering the Courthouse shall pass through the thermal imaging station for a temperature screening.
- Anyone with a registered temperature above 100.3 will receive a secondary screening with the handheld infrared thermometer. If the secondary reading is also above 100.3, the person will be denied entry to the courthouse.
- Allied Security personnel will make the appropriate log entries to correspond with anyone denied entry.
- If denied entry:
- Courthouse visitors will be given a form with further instructions and contact information for the three courts.
- Employees will be advised to contact their supervisor to make the appropriate notification.
Although Fairfax County buildings remain closed, the Courts are open and operating on a limited docket. The Court will begin adding additional cases to the docket in phases starting on July 6, 2020. Click here for more details on the Court's Transition Plan for Phase I.
Please be advised: Face coverings are required when entering the Courthouse per Chief Judge White. View his order here.
All traffic matters have been continued and shall be heard at a later date. The Clerk of Court shall issue a notice and summons to all parties when the matters are set for trial. Any notice or summons issued by the Clerk of Court for traffic matters prior to July 1, 2020 can be disregarded.
All petitions regarding Child in Need of supervision of Child in Need of Services (CHINS) have been continued. The Clerk of Court shall issue a notice and summons to all parties when the matters are set for trial. Any notice or summons issued by the Clerk of Court for a CHINS matter prior to July 1, 2020 can be disregarded.
COVID-19 Racial Equity Rapid Response: Guidebook for Government - This Guidebook for Government details how governments around the nation are doing in their respective communities regarding the COVID-19 crisis.