- Learn more about the Virginia Department of Transportation and Northern Virginia
- Call 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623) for the latest updates.
- Email: email@example.com
- Residential Traffic Administration Program (RTAP) assists communities in controlling traffic and parking in area neighborhoods
- VDOT Statewide News Releases
- IMPORTANT SNOW REMOVAL INFORMATION
- Severe Weather Resources
- Fairfax County Weather and Operating Status
- Questions and Comments Form
VDOT is responsible for clearing roads when it snows. VDOT's goal is to have all roads passable within 48 hours after a storm ends. Interstates, primary roads, and major secondary roads that connect localities, fire stations, employment hubs, schools, hospitals, and public facilities are plowed first. With a big storm, it may be several days before you see a plow on your residential street.
Call 511 or go to www.511virginia.org for up-to-the-minute traveler-information. You can call VDOT at 1-800-FOR-ROAD (1-800-367-7623) or e-mail VDOT at NOVAinfo@VDOT.virginia.gov, or you may call or e-mail our office. As always, in an emergency, call 911.