Beginning July 13: Library Express Services! Click for details about FCPL Express Services.
Fairfax County Public Library (FCPL) facilities remain closed to the public.
- Overdue fines are suspended and due dates for all physical materials will continue to be extended to ensure that no late fees accrue while FCPL branches are closed.
- Curbside pickup at all branches (except Lorton Library, which is closed for renovation) is available 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. To pick up your holds:
- Please park in the designated area of your library’s lot and call the branch phone number posted on the sign.
- Provide your library card number to staff on the phone and remain in your car until your holds have been deposited on the pickup table and library staff have returned to the building.
- You may return borrowed FCPL materials to the book drop of any FCPL branch (except Lorton Library, which is closed for renovation). To help us accommodate the return of the 500,000 items currently on loan, returns will be accepted on a staggered basis according to the first letter of the borrower’s last name.
- Note: All returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked-in. Please be patient as they will still show on your account during that time.
- On Mondays we will accept returns from borrowers with last names beginning with letters A-H (Anderson, Daqqa, Howard, etc.)
- On Wednesdays we will accept returns from borrowers with last names beginning with letters I-Q (Jefferson, Nguyen, Park, etc.), and
- On Fridays we will accept returns from borrowers with last names beginning with letters R-Z (Rodriquez, Shen, Williams, etc.).
- All in-person, library-sponsored programs are cancelled through Sept. 7. Please join us for digital programs for all ages.
- Summer Reading Adventure runs June 12–Aug. 14, and the theme is “Imagine Your Story.” This year it is a virtual program for children and adults.
- All meeting room reservations are cancelled through August 31.
- Hold pick-up dates will be extended while the library is closed.
- No new interlibrary loan requests will be processed. If you are returning Interlibrary Loan materials, please rubber band the materials and, if possible, wrap in a bag in order to protect the binding.
- No donated materials will be accepted while the library is closed.
- Wi-Fi can be accessed 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily in FCPL branch parking lots.
- Ask Your Library online chat service is available to customers Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Customers may submit emails at any time when the service is offline.
Visit the Library Services During Closure guide for more information, and check out the top 10 ways you can FCPL at home for ideas about how to stay engaged with the library’s digital resources and virtual programs.