Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are only available at the Burke Centre, City of Fairfax Regional, Dolley Madison, Martha Washington, Oakton, Richard Byrd, Sherwood Regional, Thomas Jefferson, Tysons-Pimmit Regional and Woodrow Wilson libraries.
The rooms are for use by small groups working together on projects that require a level of interaction that might be distracting to other library users. These rooms are available at no charge for use by organizations and individuals for educational, cultural and informational community meetings and programs. They are available during regular operating hours.
Group study room rules and guidelines
- Reservations may be made for the current seven days.
- The maximum number of reservations per group is two per current seven days.
- Groups may use the group study room for up to two hours per day.
- Assistive listening devices for people who are deaf or hard of hearing are available at some branches, and may also be borrowed from the library's Access Services branch; call 703-324-8380 or TTY 703-324-8365 to make arrangements. If special accommodations are needed, please call the branch.
- Covered beverages are allowed.
- The library does not provide media equipment or computers for use in group study rooms.
- Wireless internet access is available at all library branches.
- Persons using the group study rooms are responsible for maintaining order, for compensating the library for damages to the premises, equipment or furnishings that occur during their use, and for the safekeeping of any private property brought into the library.
Groups not conforming to any of the above guidelines may be refused future group study room use.