Your library catalog provides:
- Friendly, smart searching,
- Direct download of eBooks and eAudiobooks from OverDrive,
- Optional user-created logon (instead of library card number),
- User-curated lists for favorite authors, genres and titles,
- Auto-renewals of physical materials,
- Text notification (in addition to email notification).
County Conversation Podcast—New Library Catalog
The Library’s Brain
The Integrated Library System (ILS) or simply "catalog" is the hub of everything we do—the library’s brain, essentially. It tracks more than 400,000 cardholders and 2.3 million items, including books, DVDs, thermal cameras, book club kits, audiobooks, digital resources, nature backpacks and more. It routes 1.2 million holds per year to the right library, emails holds notices, makes phone calls to those without email and allows you to renew your books on the phone. It’s a real workhorse, but there are a few things it can’t do. That’s where our new system comes in.
Our new library catalog, launched November 13, 2019, includes several features we think will make library customers happy. This system integrates both physical items and electronic items, so you can search for books, eBooks and eAudiobooks all in the same place. You are also able to see all your checked-out items in one customer account screen.
The new system improves user access and communication, too—starting with an updated, friendly design. You can sign up to receive text messages in addition to emails or phone calls, and you will be able to choose a user ID rather than logging in with your library card number. Additionally, users can create a wish list, so you can save books now to read later. It is a significant upgrade, and we think you’re really going to like it.
- If there are no holds on your materials, they will renew three times without you doing anything.
- You will receive an email letting you know the due date has changed.
- After that third renewal, or after twelve weeks with those items, the materials must be returned.