Fairfax County Public Library Jobs
Fairfax County Public Libraries are staffed by merit and exempt staff, volunteers and library Pages.
Available merit and exempt vacancies are advertised on the county’s job openings page.
For more information on being a library volunteer, please visit the library’s Volunteer page.
Library Pages are hired by individual library branches.
Currently we do not have a Page position open.
- Page positions are year-round.
- Pages are hired to work either 10 hours per week or 15 hours per week.
- Page positions offer no benefits.
- The priority of this position is public service through accurate and timely shelving of library materials.
- This position requires the ability to lift books weighing 10 lbs, the ability to push and pull full book carts and bins, the ability to perform repetitive hand, arm, wrist and shoulder movements, and the ability to stoop, bend and reach. Must be able to be physically active for four hours.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and have completed the 10th grade. Applicants must possess a Social Security card bearing the applicant’s legal name and be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Pay is $10.8104 per hour (without benefits).
The information above was updated on 12/02/16.