Seven Corners Connectivity
Seven Corners Connectivity Group
Review the overall connectivity of the area, including pedestrian, bicycle, and transit. Develop recommendations, which may include solutions that can be implemented in the shorter term, as well as identify longer term needs. The outcome of this effort will be a report to be reviewed and incorporated into the recommendations of the Seven Corners Task Force.
November 15, 2012
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Supervisor’s Office at the Mason District Government Center
- Approval of meeting minutes from October 16 meeting
- Discussion of goals for each major topic: transit, bicycle, and pedestrian.
Focus Topic: Bicycle
- Introduction of Charlie Strunk, Bicycle Coordinator, Fairfax County DOT
- Overview of existing bicycle map
- Brief Presentation on Draft Bicycle Master Plan Recommendations
- State and County Standards for bikes on the road (bike lanes and sharrows)
Future meetings: third Tuesday of each month
- December 18th, 2012 (pedestrian focused)
- January 15th, 2013
- February 19th, 2013
- March 19th, 2013
- April 16th, 2013