Taxi Voucher Program
The Taxi Voucher Program provides discounted taxi vouchers for eligible residents of Fairfax County and the City of Fairfax. The program allows qualified users to travel affordable, safely and independently with the purchase of discounted taxicab coupons. All vouchers are able to be used 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Vouchers do expire 12 months from the time of purchase.
The program includes three qualifying options:
|Cost||$20 per $33 coupon book||$10 per $33 coupon book||$10 per $33 coupon book|
|Allowance||16 Coupon books per year (July 1 through June 30)||8 Coupon books per year (July 1 through June 30)||16 Coupon books per year (July 1 through June 30)|
|Seniors On-The-Go! Application||TaxiAccess Application||Dial-A-Ride Application|
Federal Poverty Guidelines - Effective July 1, 2016
|Household Size||Monthly Income||Annual Income|
Purchase Your Discounted Taxi Vouchers
We accept checks or money orders (made payable to the County of Fairfax). We cannot accept cash or credit/debit cards. Your discounted taxi vouchers may be purchased in one of two ways:
1. In Person (by appointment only) at the Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services (12011 Government Center Parkway, 10th Floor, Fairfax, VA 22035). The office is open Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please call 703-877-5800, TTY 711.
2. By Mail. Send check or money order to Program Name (e.g. Seniors On-The-Go!), PO Box 1388, Fairfax, VA 22038-1388.
Participating Taxicab Vendors
The following companies are licensed to operate taxicabs in Farifax County and will accept the Dial-A-Ride coupons for cab rides:
- Fairfax Red Top Cab: 703-333-3333, TTY 703-522-3331
- Fairfax White Top Cab: 703-644-4500, TTY 703-683-4374
- Falls Church Yellow Cab: 703-534-1111, TTY 711
- Springfield Yellow Cab: 703-451-2255, TTY 711
When calling to schedule a ride, please inform the call taker if you use a wheelchair. If you cannot transfer from your wheelchair, be sure to requst an accessible taxivab at least 24 hours before you need your ride.