Therapeutic Recreation Services (TRS), a branch of the Department of Neighborhood and Community Services, provides opportunities for children and adults with disabilities to develop the skills that enable them to participate in the recreation and leisure programs of their choice. Staff is committed to providing services, education and resources to meet the needs of participants and assist them on the road toward lifelong participation and enjoyment in recreation and leisure activities. Staff also provides support and advocacy to individuals who wish to participate in general recreation activities.
For more information and assistance, please contact TRS at 703-324-5532, TTY 711, or e-mail us.
TRACERS allows customers to search program offerings and create a personalized login account for submitting a majority of the registration materials for TRS programs online. All information entered on the forms will be securely saved and stored under your personally selected username and password.
Additional TRS Programs, Services and Resources
- F.A.N.tastic Times is a free drop-in program for individuals on the autism spectrum ages 2 to 22 years old and their families hosted by the Fairfax County Department of Neighborhood and Community Services.
- TRS Summer Programs include Summer Leisure, Adventure and Explorer programs for individuals of all ages.
- Supportive Services for Older Adults enables older adults with minor cognitive and physical disabilities to actively participate in the day-to-day activities at Fairfax County senior centers.
- Fairfax Falcons Paralympic Sports: A county/community partnership program providing athletic engagement for individuals ages 4 to 22 who have not graduated high school.
- The Sensory Room at Providence Community Center: Providing a person-centered, safe and nurturing environment designed to enhance the quality of life for individuals of all ages through structured interaction and engagement with the room's unique features.