As Fairfax County continues Phase Three of the Forward Virginia plan, here’s what you need to know about Neighborhood and Community Services:
- Supporting Return to School (SRS) is a new Fairfax County program developed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and this year’s virtual return to school. The program provides full-day on-site programming for children in Kindergarten through sixth grade, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. SRS will provide support for children’s active and engaged learning during the Fairfax County Public Schools virtual academic day and promote children’s social, emotional and physical development. Additional information on fees and enrollment is available at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/OFC or you may call 703-449-8989. You can also find more details in this flyer.
- Community Centers will be open for in-person services for parents and guardians as part of the new Parent Connect support program. Parent Connect services are by appointment only. Please call your local center to request an appointment during the scheduled hours. You can also find more details in this flyer.
- Senior Centers will remain closed, but the Virtual Center for Active Adults provides an online means to connect with peers, engage in a variety of activities and discover useful resources while combatting isolation. Fairfax County continues to provide meal delivery service to registered participants upon request.
Basic Needs Assistance: If you are facing difficulties related to food, shelter, employment, financial assistance, healthcare and other basic needs, contact Coordinated Services Planning (CSP) at 703-222-0880 for assistance. You can also refer to the Human Services Resource Guide, which provides detailed program and service descriptions, eligibility requirements, locations and contact information.
Assistance from a Distance: The Fairfax County Health and Human Services system is a network of county agencies and community partners that supports the well-being of all who live, work and play in Fairfax County. Though some facilities are currently closed for in-person services, you can receive assistance from a distance.
Stay Informed About COVID-19
- Call our Health Department Call Center at 703-267-3511 with Coronavirus questions; open 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. weekdays and 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. on weekends.
- Text FFXCOVID to 888777 to receive updates from Fairfax County about COVID-19; text FFXCOVIDESP to 888777 for updates in Spanish.
- Email questions or concerns to email@example.com. This email account is staffed Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Visit the Fairfax County web portal for coronavirus that serves as a one-stop online resource for information.
- Learn more about COVID-19 on the Health Department Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webpage or FAQ page.
- Follow the Fairfax County Government Facebook Page and Health Department Facebook Page.
- Follow @fairfaxcounty and @fairfaxhealth on Twitter.